Writing for New Media - MIDTERM PROJECT

Robert Joshua D. Guevara
December 11, 2021

WRITING NEW MEDIA - MIDTERM PROJECT





It was a bright, sunny day in the forest. A little squirrel sits down on a tree branch as he sniffs the fresh morning air. He sits down with his back resting against the tree bark, watching birds fly up above in the sky and rabbits hop frivolously down below on the ground.

The squirrel's moment of peace and relaxation is, however, interrupted upon hearing a voice in the distance say, "Oh, my goodness!"

The squirrel runs down from the tree and follows the direction of the voice. Not too far from his home tree is yet another squirrel.

The second squirrel is currently carrying a huge number of acorns. There are also acorns scattered on the ground. It is logical to assume that the second squirrel's outburst is the result of dropping these acorns. The second squirrel carries his acorns in one hand while trying to pick up the rest with the other. This, however, leads to the second squirrel dropping all of his acorns.

"Are you okay, Tim?" The first squirrel asked.

"I'm fine, Don," said the second squirrel.

"You look like you are in a hurry," said Tim.

"I'm meeting with my friends by the falls," said Tim. "They asked me to bring them as many acorns as I can find."

"And you are carrying them all by yourself?" Don questioned. "Here, let me help you."

"I can do it myself," Tim said stubbornly. "Plus, I want me and my friends to spend as much time before our parents call us for work later today."

"Tim, listen, please," said Don. "You saw what just happened when you try to do this by yourself. There are too many acorns for you to carry. You'll be very late to the falls if you keep dropping them. If you let me carry half of your acorns, we can get to the falls much faster."

"Why do you want to help?" Tim asked. "Do you want something in return?"

"Seeing you reach the falls and not be grumpy when you do is enough for me," said Don.

"Okay, then," Tim accepted.

Tim and Don start picking up acorns. As promised, Don carries half of the acorns. This makes it easier for Tim to carry his own half.

"Hey, Don, thanks," said Tim.

"Don't be afraid to ask for help next time, Tim," said Don. "If you feel overwhelmed, there's nothing wrong with asking someone for a helping hand."

Comments